Dear Corn Festival Participant:
We are gearing up for another Corn Festival in Shippensburg, PA on Saturday, August 31, 2019. We invite you to join our celebration. The thousands of people who attend our Festival will enjoy your food stand. The 2019 Festival will be held, rain or shine, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please review the information below that summarizes the regulations, which must be adhered to as a condition of participation in the Festival:
Deadline for Applications is January 31, 2019. Please note that submission of an Application does not guarantee acceptance and participation in a previous year does not automatically register you for an upcoming year.
Applications received after January 31, 2019 will be reviewed and accepted on a space available basis only.
The deposit requirements are based on the size space that you need for your tent or trailer and are due with your application. The required deposit is as follows:
- 20 feet or less – $100
- 21 to 25 feet – $125
- 26 to 30 feet – $150
- 31 to 35 feet – $175
- Anything over 35 feet may not be permitted, but the deposit is $200.
Please note that if you are accepted, this deposit is not refunded to you or applied as a credit. Your entire fee to the Shippensburg Corn Festival will be 10% of your GROSS RECEIPTS for local participants (those who are within the Shippensburg School District) and 15% of your GROSS RECEIPTS for out-of-town participants. GROSS RECEIPTS is income BEFORE any expenses. You MAY NOT DEDUCT THE DEPOSIT from your GROSS RECEIPTS when calculating the final fee the day of the Festival.
Applications must contain TOTAL SIZE of the space you need. For trailer, please include from the hitch ball or the bumper (or any awnings or generators beyond those items).
If you are placed on the waiting list, your application and check will be held. If a space becomes available, you will be contacted. If you accept the space, then your application will be accepted and your check will be deposited. If a space would not become available, then your check will be returned to you.
You are required to provide copies of the following licenses with your application:
- Pennsylvania sales tax license (per the PA Department of Revenue).
- Pennsylvania food safety license (per the PA Department of Agriculture).
- ServSafe Certificate.
- Liability Insurance (minimum $1 million liability).
You are required to provide a copy of your menu with your application. If you sell something other than the items listed on your menu at the Festival, you may be asked to remove them.
Send a self-addressed, stamped, business-sized envelope along with your application, check, and licenses. If this is not included, your application will not be processed.
Street & vendor space maps will be sent electronically via e-mail. An e-mail address is required, not optional. If you do not have one, provide one from a relative or friend from whom you can receive messages pertaining to the Corn Festival.
Please note that if you cancelled at the last minute or packed up before 4 p.m., your name will be put on a waiting list and will only be considered after other accepted vendors have been assigned spaces.
If you are accepted into the Corn Festival, confirmation will be emailed to you around the end of February 2019. The mailing of your space assignment and tags will be made at the end of June 2019. Once you are accepted into the Festival, your deposit is non-refundable.
Sidewalks may not be used for storage of your items and must be kept free. You must confine yourself to your space.
We sincerely welcome back those who have participated previously and also extend a friendly welcome to our newcomers. If you have any questions, please email at email@example.com.
The Food Committee
Shippensburg Corn Festival
SHOW RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Members of the Food Committee will check your display on the day of the Festival and will reserve the right to ask you to remove unacceptable items from your table. Failure to comply may result in closure of your space.
- No pets are permitted throughout the festival.
- You may not sublet your space.
- No refund after applicant has been accepted and checks have been deposited.
- All vendors accepted in the Shippensburg Corn Festival are granted permits for soliciting as required by the Borough of Shippensburg.
- A menu listing the food and prices for the food being sold shall be anchored to the stand and be easily visible to the attendees.
- You are encouraged to use the corn theme to decorate your stand and ask that you sell at least one (1) corn-related item or have corn as an ingredient.
- Vendor is self-sufficient – water will not be provided; you are responsible for electricity either via propane or generator which tests at 74 decibels at 21 feet.
- Vendor is responsible for collecting and reporting Pennsylvania Sales Tax. – PA sales tax license must be on display in booth. Prices cannot include sales tax; sales tax must be separate.
- Show time: 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., rain or shine.
- You will be assigned a set-up time.
- Display must be complete by 8 a.m. and remain intact until 4 p.m., which at that time you must begin teardown onto the sidewalk.
- It is very important that you unload your vehicle(s) and take it/them to off-street parking as quickly as possible, to alleviate traffic congestion. Vehicles must be in off-street parking by 7:30 a.m. and are not permitted back on the street until after 4:15 p.m. for safety reasons. Vehicles are not allowed on festival grounds until 4:15 p.m. and must be parked close to the curb for loading.
- If for any reason you feel the need to pack up your merchandise before 4 p.m. (due to heavy rain, etc.), you are not permitted to before the allotted time. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in permanent suspension from the Festival.
- Vendors must be off the street by 6 p.m. for street cleaning.
- Vendors are responsible to find their own off-street parking. You must park in a legal parking area and display your Festival tag with space number.
- No cars or vans are to be parked within the Festival area.
- Electricity is not provided. Any electric cords in sidewalk or edge of curb must be taped down.
- At least three (3) feet of sidewalk space must be kept clear. Vendors are not able to use the sidewalk to store supplies.
- Vendors are responsible for clean up of your space. You may not deposit any water, ice, or any other liquids on the ground during clean up. Fry oil disposal is your responsibility and CANNOT be left behind; you are responsible for the property disposal.
- Vendors are not allowed to advertise for any causes of food vendors tents or trucks.
- Oversized trucks, campers, and RVs are not permitted within Festival limits.
- Please leave your area as you found it – clean and free of litter.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Food Chair using the form below, OR by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OK, ready to apply? Click on the link below for your application:
Any questions or comments for the Committee? Please submit the form below: