Dear Corn Festival Participant:
We are gearing up for another Corn Festival in Shippensburg, PA on Saturday, August 29, 2020. We invite you to join our celebration. The thousands of people who attend our festival will enjoy your craft stand. The 2020 Festival will be held rain or shine from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Please review the information below that summarizes the regulations, which must be adhered to as a condition of participation in the festival.
- Deadline for applications is January 31, 2020. Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance, and participation in a previous year does not automatically register you for an upcoming year.
- Applications received after January 31, 2020, will be reviewed and accepted on a space-available basis only.
- If you are placed on the waiting list, your application and check will be held. If a space becomes available, you will be contacted. If you accept the space, then your application will be accepted and your check will be deposited. If a space would not become available, then your check will be returned to you.
- Attach current, clear, close-up photographs and a detailed description of your crafts to the application. Photographs will become property of the Corn Festival Committee. Your application will not be processed if you do not include the appropriate photographs of your wares.
- You are required to provide your Pennsylvania sales tax license (per the PA Department of Revenue) with your application.
- Send a self-addressed, stamped, business-sized envelope along with your application and photos. If this is not included, your application will not be processed.
- Street and vendor space maps will be sent electronically via e-mail. An e-mail address is required, not optional. If you do not have one, provide one from a relative or friend from whom you can receive messages pertaining to the Corn Festival.
- Please note that if you cancelled at the last minute or packed your wares up before 4 p.m., your name will be put on a waiting list and will only be considered after other accepted vendors have been assigned spaces.
- If you are accepted into the Corn Festival, confirmation will be emailed to you between the end of February and the beginning of March. The mailing of your space assignment and tags will be made in the end of June and beginning of July. Once you are accepted into the Festival, the $110 fee is non-refundable.
- We do try to accommodate space requests. However, we cannot guarantee particular locations and spaces from year to year. Even if you have participated in a previous Corn Festival, you may be assigned to a different location.
- There is only one (1) vendor per space.
- 10’ deep x 20’ wide spaces are available for $110 – make check payable to: Shippensburg Corn Festival and submit with your completed application.
- Sidewalks may not be used for storage of your items and must be kept free. You must confine yourself to your space and will not be allowed table and/or chairs outside of your assigned area.
- We assume photographic rights for publicity purposes. If you object to this, please let us know in writing and submit with your application.
We sincerely welcome back those who have participated previously and also extend a friendly welcome to our newcomers. If you have any questions, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Craft Committee
Shippensburg Corn Festival
- Limited to quality hand-crafted crafts, original art, and antiques only. All craft items offered for sale must be hand-crafted by the individual or by members of the organization renting the space.
- No commercially made items may be sold (i.e. Toland Flags, berry garlands, home show companies, etc). Kit crafts are not acceptable.
- Members of Craft Committee will check your display on the day of the festival and will reserve the right to ask you to remove unacceptable items from your table. Failure to comply may result in closure of your space.
- No pets are permitted throughout the festival.
- You may not sublet your space.
- No refund after applicant has been accepted and checks have been deposited.
- All vendors accepted in the Shippensburg Corn Festival are granted permits for soliciting as required by the Borough of Shippensburg.
- Vendor is responsible for collecting and reporting Pennsylvania Sales Tax.
PA sales tax license must be on display in booth. Prices cannot include sales tax; sales tax must be separate. In addition, a copy of the license should accompany the application.
- Show time: 8 a.m. until 4 p.m., rain or shine.
- Set-up time begins at 5 a.m. You are permitted to unload your wares onto the sidewalk prior to 5 a.m. and immediately move your vehicle to off-street parking.
- Display must be complete by 8 a.m. and remain intact until 4 p.m., which at that time you must begin teardown onto the sidewalk.
- It is very important that you unload your vehicle and take it to off-street parking as quickly as possible, to alleviate traffic congestion. Vehicles must be in off-street parking by 7:30 a.m. and are not permitted back on the street until after 4:15 p.m. for safety reasons. Vehicles are not allowed on festival grounds until 4:15 p.m. and must be parked close to the curb for loading.
- If for any reason you feel the need to pack up your merchandise before 4 p.m. (due to heavy rain, etc.), you are not permitted to remove your crafts from your area before the allotted time. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in permanent suspension from festival.
- The middle of the street has to be kept clear of parked cars at all times during unloading or loading.
- Vendors must have their wares off the street by 6 p.m. for street cleaning.
- Vendors are responsible to find their own off-street parking. You must park in a legal parking area and display your festival tag with space number.
- No cars or vans are to be parked within the festival area.
- Vendors must have a display of and sell their wares in the allotted space.
- Electricity is not provided. Any electric cords in sidewalk or edge of curb must be taped down.
- Oversized trucks, campers, and RVs are not permitted within festival limits.
- Please leave your display area as you found it – clean and free of litter.
- Please use the “Corn Theme” in your display – i.e. corn husks, country dress, etc.
- We encourage demonstration of your craft.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Craft Chair through the website at shippensburgcornfestival.net, or by email at email@example.com, or by using the form at the bottom of this page.
OK, ready to apply? We ask that you fill out the application, sign it, and complete the other items on the checklist:
Mail your completed application, with the required enclosures (see the checklist on the application form), to:
Shippensburg Corn Festival
ATTN: Craft Committee
P. O. Box 704
Shippensburg, PA 17257
Please remember, the deadline for applications is January 31, 2019.
If you have any questions, you may use the form below to contact the craft committee: