Dear Corn Festival Participant:
We are gearing up for another Corn Festival in Shippensburg, PA on Saturday, August 26, 2017. We invite you to join our celebration. The thousands of people who attend our festivities will enjoy your food stand. The 2017 Festival will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine.
We ask you to fill out the form online, then print your completed form and mail it to us with the required attachments.
You can save the form to your computer and fill it out at your own pace. Just save it every time you are finished working on it so you can open it later. When you’re finished, print it and sign it.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please review the information below that summarizes the regulations that must be adhered to as a condition of participation in the Festival:
• Deadline for applications is January 31, 2017. Please note that submission of an application does not guarantee acceptance and participation in a previous year does not automatically register you for an upcoming year. Applications received after January 31, 2017, will be reviewed and accepted on a space available basis only.
• Please send your insurance certificate with your application.
• All applications must include a stamped, self-addressed envelope that we will use to contact you.
• Please remit your space deposit (made payable to: Shippensburg Corn Festival) and insurance certificate with your completed application.
Deposit costs are based on the size of your trailer:
- 20 feet or less, $100
- 21-25 feet, $125
- 26-30 feet, $150
- 31-35 feet, $175
- anything over 35 feet may not be permitted, but the cost would be $200 if we are able to accommodate you.
THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF SPACE NEEDED must be on your application. You will NOT be permitted additional space.
If you are accepted into the Corn Festival, confirmation will be sent on or around April 10, 2016. With your confirmation you will be advised of any restrictions that will be made to your menu and you will learn of your location and space number for the 2016 festival.
• We cannot guarantee particular locations and spaces from year to year. Even if you have participated in a previous Corn Festival, you may be assigned to a different location.
• You must be self sufficient for the 2016 Shippensburg Corn Festival:
–Water will not be provided.
–Electricity must be furnished by the vendor via propane or a generator which tests at 74 decibels at 21 feet.
Please note that the application asks for the TOTAL SIZE of the space you will need. We must have this information. We cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate you if your stand or trailer won’t fit into any of our spaces; however, if you tell us one size and show up needing additional space, we will not be able to provide it. We thank you for your cooperation.
We sincerely welcome back those who have participated previously and also extend a friendly welcome to our newcomers.
The Food Committee 2016
REGULATIONS FOR SHIPPENSBURG CORN FESTIVAL FOOD STANDS
1. A sign listing the foods as well as prices for foods sold at your stand will be anchored to the stand, and be easily visible to the customers. Permanent signs are encouraged.
2. You are encouraged to use the corn theme to decorate your stand (corn stalks, hay bales or related items).
3. Each food stand must sell at least one corn-related item or have corn as an ingredient.
4. Each stand must be set up no later than 7:30 am and vehicles must be taken to off street parking. All stands must remain until closing at 4 p.m. that evening at which time teardown can begin. Vehicles will be allowed to enter the festival starting at 4:15 pm. All vehicles must be pulled to the curb so that other vendors can access their booths or leave.
a. Food Vendors will be issued a scheduled set-up time with trailer vendors scheduled to set up earliest
b. Any electric cords on sidewalk or edge of curb must be taped down.
c. At least 3 feet of sidewalk space must be kept clear; this is a safety-code regulation
d. Vendors should not use sidewalk space to store supplies
5. You are responsible for the clean up around your stand. You may not deposit water, ice, or any other liquids on the ground during clean up.
6. Your fee to the Shippensburg Corn Festival for having the opportunity to share in this festival and to support the work of the Shippensburg Corn Festival Organization will be 10% of the GROSS RECEIPTS for local participants and 15% of the GROSS RECEIPTS for out-of-town participants. GROSS RECEIPTS is income BEFORE any expense is taken out. (Vendors will subtract their $100 deposit [minimum fee] from their gross receipts.)
7. A certificate of insurance (minimum $1,000,000 liability) must be submitted with your application.
8. All Vendors are responsible for collecting and reporting Pennsylvania Sales Tax.
9. It is our policy not to allow advertisements for any causes on food vendor tents or trucks.
10. A complete list of food and drinks must be included on or with the application, or those items will not be permitted the day of the festival.
Failure to comply with any regulation may result in being asked to leave (or close your stand) and not being permitted to return to the festival.
OK, ready to apply? Click on the link below for your application:
Any questions or comments for the Corn Festival Food Committee? Please submit the form below: